Do you ever feel like you’re suffering from a lack of confidence? I know I do. It’s something that a lot of women experience from time-to-time and something that can make a massive difference to your life. It can be hard to keep those confidence levels high, However, there are lots of things you can do and a lot of great beauty treatments and products out there that can give you a boost so you feel amazing about yourself.
Start a new Workout routine
There is nothing like working out to boost your endorphins and give you a buzz. Not only is it part of a healthier lifestyle and a way to look after yourself, but a way of boosting your confidence and feeling better about yourself overall. Did you know that when you start a new workout routine / making a difference towards your exercise, it takes 4 weeks for you to start noticing positive changes in your appearance and 8-10 weeks for your family and friends to see the change too! Including a little exercise into your every day routine is a simple yet very effective way to help you feel great, become stronger and give you the confidence boost you didn’t know you needed.
Looking after your hands and nails with a manicure
Think of how often you use your hands on a daily basis. From texting or scrolling through Insta, to preparing dinner, typing on your keyboard at work… it’s not often that our hands and fingers get a rest. This is why it is so important to make sure you look after them properly. Especially in this day and age where our hands are also getting such a battering from washing them multiple times a day. In addition to this, your hands are always on display, and thus it’s we see it pivotal to ensure they are looking beautiful at all times. No one likes to see bitten nails and chipped varnish!
How to take care of your hands and nails…
- Moisturise – It is important to make sure you invest in a quality hand lotion. When you moisturise this into your skin be certain to rub it into your fingernails and cuticles as well. I personally love Hemp hand cream by The Body Shop.
- Trim your nails regularly – It is important to cut your nails on a frequent basis. Not only do you want to make sure they look neat and tidy, but by cutting them before they get too long you can ensure they grow out to be a lot stronger. The best thing to do is trim your nail straight across. After this you can then round the tips. Cutting your nails when they are soft is always easier. I’ve learnt this the hard way by losing so many nice long nails!
- Keep your fingernails dry and clean – Simply wearing cotton-lined rubber gloves when cleaning, washing the dishes or using any chemicals, can prove to be extremely beneficial. This is because it stops the growth of fungi, bacteria and other organisms under your fingernails.
If you follow these three main steps you will notice an improvement in the condition of your hands and nails. Nevertheless, there is one other thing you should do, and this is to get a professional manicure.
Photo via Unsplash
What are the benefits of a manicure?
- Reduce stress – A lot of people do not take this point into consideration when booking a manicure. Nevertheless, it can be extremely beneficial when it comes to stress reduction because it gives you the chance to relax and unwind. A chat with Christina (my nail tech) whilst I get my nails done or a pamper is like therapy I swear!
- Health of your skin improves – Massaging the cream into the skin increases the blood circulation in an individual’s hands. This in turn will improve the skin’s health and consequently prevents wrinkles. You will notice that your hands become a lot softer and gentler.
- Looks beautiful – This is of course one of the main reasons why people get a manicure. It improves the image of their nails. Nothing looks nicer than perfectly polished nails.
- Prevents damage – A manicure can help prevent an array of different potential damages. This includes everything from broken or sore skin to hang nail formation.
- Wealth of options – From French manicure, to a plain polish, to reverse French manicure; you can choose a style that matches in with your taste and your personality.
The benefits of this nail treatment are there for all to see. Nevertheless, in order to really take advantage of them you need to know where to find the best manicure (If you’re in my home town, definitely give The Beauty Co a call!).
Prioritise anti-ageing treatments
Firstly, we always recommend focusing on anti-ageing treatments. This is because a lot of women start to feel self-conscious when they get older. They worry that they have too many wrinkles or that their skin appears saggy and aged. This is something that you do not need to panic about, as there are lots of great treatments available to help with this.
A great anti-ageing cream is the best start from as young as 25. Any younger than this and your skin is too delicate for the products, but from 25+ adding an anti-ageing cream into your skincare routine is the first start to combatting wrinkles and looking after your skin and boosting your confidence as you grow older. There are lots of skincare products out there, however, not all of them have natural ingredients. You should always look at the ingredient’s list because you want to make sure that the ingredients that are included in the product are actually beneficial for your skin. Do your research so that you can protect your skincare regime and ensure glowing and radiant skin.
For the more adventurous of you out there, If you take a look around, you will see that you have everything from a facelift to Botox injections as options too. It all depends on you and what your goals are.
Take time for yourself
Taking time for yourself is the number 1 way of looking after yourself. Take time out, take a break and listen to your body. Being more in control of your rest, sleep and exercise is the most important thing for you. It has taken me a long long time to realise this but pushing yourself to hard in the gym, running around after the kids and the housework and your job like a headless chicken is not going to do anything for you. You can find yourself sometimes running in circles of tiredness and endless lists of things left to do and it’s 100% not good for you. Take a day off, sleep in to catch up and take a well deserved rest! You’ll thank me for the reminder!
Being more on top of things – including your sleep – will give you a boost in confidence and let you worry less about what needs to still be done. It’s a great way to look after yourself and enjoy everything else in life.